Want to know what our favorite Dixie Belle Product is in the RootBound shop right now? It's Voodoo Gel Stain! Listen, I know this product has been around for awhile, but honestly we hadn't play with it too much until just recently. Boy, are we glad we did! It's so very easy to use and it's so versatile. We were so shocked at all of the cool uses for this product that we just had to let you know.
Voodoo Gel Stain is a WATER based gel stain. It has all of the great pigments of traditional gel stain, but because it's water based, it can be used right along side your favorite Dixie Belle Chalk Mineral Paint color! Also, it cleans up with water so there's no need to worry about applying it with your good brushes. It cleans up in a snap!
It comes in SEVEN brilliant colors:
- Bayou Moss (just like that super cool green moss hanging in your trees)
- Black Magic (dark like charcoal - LOVE)
- Up In Smoke (aged gray like the perfect barn wood)
- Tobacco Road (the perfect brown - not too dark, not too light)
- Temptress (amazing aqua/teal - imagine summer beach scenes..)
- Denim (just like your favorite blue jeans)
- White Magic (like that white that has worn back from years of use. Mmm!)
Here are a few of the ways we have been using Voodoo Gel Stain in the shop this week:
- Just like oil based gel stain, Voodoo Gel Stain can be added right over the top of bare wood to accent the wood grain.
- We've been using it like a glaze right over our painted pieces too. It's PERFECT for bringing out detail in a piece or adding a little depth and texture to a painted surface.
- How about mixing it with my favorite paint color? Yep! We're doing that too. It mixes right into Dixie Belle Chalk Mineral Paint so you can use it to tint your paint too.
- But our FAVORITE way to use Voodoo Gel Stain is to add it over the top of a waxed surface. Our favorite combo is bare wood with a coat of Best Dang Wax in White topped with Up In Smoke Voodoo Gel Stain. Heaven!
We loved it so much, we used it on the top of a piano bench we're working on for a big piano painting project we have coming up (stay tuned...this baby is going to be a stunner).
Want to see just how easy this for yourself? Check out this short tutorial I made for you.
This product is amazing. I'm so glad that we gave it try! Try it today.